TAMBA is hosting this trail summit to showcase the amazing trail renaissance in Tahoe and discuss the future. We want to bring together all trail users to gain input and consensus on the future of multi-use trails around beautiful Lake Tahoe. With over 75% of the land in Tahoe managed by the Forest Service, we are hosting this summit in partnership with US Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit.
Friday May 6, 2016
- 2pm – 5pm: Trail Tech Talks
- Trail planing and process
- Building a connected trail network
- Creating consensus among different trail users
- 5pm – 8pm: Opening sunset reception on the beach with food and drink specials
- 8pm – 9pm: Movie and raffle
Saturday May 7, 2016
- 7am – 8:30am: Breakfast in the Tavern, Coffee complimentary
- 8:30am – 2pm: Presentations/Workshops/Panel Discussions, topics include:
- Success stories, Tahoe and beyond
- Current threats to multi-use trails
- Too many trail users?
- Tourism, economics and trails
- Engaging tomorrow’s trail stewards
- Round table workshop – Prioritizing community trail projects.
- Afternoon showcase ride and Bijou Bike Park tour
- Evening movie, raffle, party in the Tavern and beach front patio with food and drink specials
Sunday May 8, 2016
- Breakfast in the Tavern
- Mother’s Day family ride
Winter on the Flume Trail
As of February 9, 2015 – It’s been a solid winter and the trails are snowed in top to bottom right now. The Bijou Bike Park is closed and will remain closed until it dries out this spring. Some lower trails may melt off soon, but please remember to the respect the trails – if your tires are sinking and leaving ruts, it’s not time to ride yet. Thanks and enjoy winter!
*Our predictions: This has been a fairly “normal” winter with snow fall. If we get a few more storms and no major cold snaps we’ll probably be riding lower lake level trails (Powerline, Tahoe City XC, etc) by mid to late April. Corral by late April or early May, and maybe upper reaches of the Tahoe Rim Trail and Toads by mid-June. Let’s see what happens.
Trail work in the Tahoe Basin will start the first week of May and earlier in the Reno area. Stay tuned!
More info on area trail conditions here.
The U.S. Forest Service – Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit is seeking input (meaning your comments) on a proposal for the management of trails, roads and facilities on FS land – this includes the potential to permit guiding services, events and even shuttles. READ the proposal here.
The TAMBA board feels that any commercial activities on public trails should include a component of stewardship, user education and trail maintenance. Right now the Forest Service has a skeleton crew working on the trails along with many volunteers from the Tahoe Rim Trail Association, TAMBA and other nonprofits. Please read the documents in this link and make informed comments before January 15, 2016. For more information on the proposal and how to comment, contact Daniel Cressy at 530-543-2694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a link to our TAMBA comment letter.
Celebrate an amazing year at TAMBA’s Fall Party and membership drive. We’ll have some new TAMBA goods for sale, a raffle, and updates on trail projects. 2015 has been the best and busiest year – we got the Bijou Bike Park built, finished Corral Trail, built the new Snapdragon Trail, built a re-route on Stanford Rock, held regular trail days on Tyrolean and had some amazing events like the Meyers Mtn Bike Fest, Corral Night Ride and Rose to Toads. Join in the fun and celebrate more good things to come!
DUE TO RAIN AND TRAIL CONDITIONS THE CORRAL NIGHT RIDE HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 24TH. Join us for one of the best nights of the year! Celebrate with your friends. All ages. We had a big volunteer day in partnership with the California Conservation Corps on 10/17 in the rain, the trail is in amazing shape right now!
- Maintenance Mondays @ Bijou Bike Park -5:3o to dark
- 10/6 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/7 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/17 – Corral Trail Work
- 10/21 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/22 – Tyrolean Trail Work
- 10/21 – Monthly Meeting, 6:00pm: at Parasol Bldg, Incline Village
- 10/24 – Corral Halloween Night Ride
- 10/25 – Tyrolean Trail Work (meet at 9am upper Diamond Peak parking lot)