The 3rd Annual Meyers Mountain Bike Festival will take place on August 8 & 9, 2015. Ride hard, have fun and help raise funds for the TAMBA trail building fund!
This event is proudly presented by The Divided Sky. and Sunday will be the expo area in the Divided Sky parking lot, located at 3200 US Highway 50. with bands, beer garden and food.
Saturday Aug 8 from 9am to 4pm at the Corral Trailhead: Shuttles and bike demos
Sunday Aug 9 with registration starting 9am: Triple Crown Ride (see below for ride details)
Sunday Aug 9 starting at 1pm: Celebration with live bands, DJ, beer garden, BBQ, expo booths, kids zone and community fun!
Where is Meyers?
Meyers shares the same zip code as South Lake Tahoe, but sits just outside the City limits – parts of Meyers are also known as Christmas Valley and Tahoe Paradise. It boasts a strong resident population of families and mountain men and women (including a handful of Olympic athletes) all working hard and playing hard.
It was a stop on the Pony Express route and the original badass, Snowshoe Thompson regularly passed through here. Today the community is ringed by amazing trails like Mr. Toads, Christmas Valley, Corral, Tahoe Rim Trail and the PCT. There’s no wonder it’s a fabled playground for the adventurous.
Read a write up from the inaugural event HERE.
The festival would not be possible without the generosity and support of our sponsors and volunteers. A special thank you to the 2014 sponsors: Ninkasi Brewing, Rise Designs, The Divided Sky, TAMBA, Watta Bike, South Shore Bikes, Tahoe Sports LTD, Ibis, DaKine, Clif Bar, Meyers Physical Therapy, Shuttle Around Tahoe,Granite Rocx, The Studio Meyers, Elevate Wellness, and Safe Haven Chiropractic. Opportunities for sponsorships are still available. Contact Mike Decker at email@example.com or call- 530-721-1676 or 530-545-9941 for details.
Meyers Triple Crown Ride
The festival kicks off with a “Triple Crown Ride” covering 30+ miles and a 5,200 elevation gain. Riders should arrive at the Divided Sky at 7:30am to register for the ride. The ride will kick off at 8:30 am or as soon as you want to roll out, no mass start. A $25 donation will support the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA), and Clif Bar will have water and fueling stations along the ride. All riders will receive a poster and tee shirt printed and designed by Rise Designs in Meyers, plus a raffle ticket for amazing prizes.
Link to Strava track, gps map. and stats
(Turn by turn description, sort of )
- Start at Divided Sky 3200 US Highway 50 in Meyers, CA
- Ride up Highway 50 toward Echo Summit for ½ mile
- Turn left on South Upper Truckee Road, continue on the road for 4 miles until you get to the trail head for the bottom of Christmas Valley Trail (aka Lake Valley).
- Ride Up Christmas Valley Trail for 4 miles until you get to the intersection of the Tahoe Rim Trail, turn left here and continue on toward Big Meadow.
- At approximately mile 11 you will cross Highway 89 and ride through the parking lot where there is bathroom if needed. Continue on the Tahoe Rim Trail and pedal up to the top of Toads (aka Saxon Creek).
- At approximately mile 15 you will be at the top of Toads, here you take a left and veer off the Tahoe Rim Trail entering upper Toads and the famed rock gardens.
- At the bottom of Toads (mile 22) you will meet up with the paved Forest Service Road, Fountain Place. Pedal up Fountain Place road to the top of Armstrong Connector Trail (mile 25.5)
- Haul down Armstrong Connector to Corral Trail – take your pick between riding upper Corral or Sidewinder the meet back up on Lower Corral and air out on the new TAMBA built jumps and berms.
- At the bottom of Corral ride Powerline dirt road back to Fountain Place road, cut back over to the bottom of Toads and ride the neighborhood trails through Zapotec Dr and out behind Watta Bike. Give the guys at Watta Bike a high-five as you pass by, and then continue on back to Divided Sky to partake in the Festival! Collect your poster and tshirt and have the satisfaction of completing one badass ride!
- Register for the event!