DUE TO RAIN AND TRAIL CONDITIONS THE CORRAL NIGHT RIDE HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 24TH. Join us for one of the best nights of the year! Celebrate with your friends. All ages. We had a big volunteer day in partnership with the California Conservation Corps on 10/17 in the rain, the trail is in amazing shape right now!
- Maintenance Mondays @ Bijou Bike Park -5:3o to dark
- 10/6 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/7 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/17 – Corral Trail Work
- 10/21 – Stanford Rock Trail Work
- 10/22 – Tyrolean Trail Work
- 10/21 – Monthly Meeting, 6:00pm: at Parasol Bldg, Incline Village
- 10/24 – Corral Halloween Night Ride
- 10/25 – Tyrolean Trail Work (meet at 9am upper Diamond Peak parking lot)
Want to find out what TAMBA has planned for 2014? Want to get involved more? Renew your membership? Party and dance it up with your mountain bike friends? Come on out to the American Legion in South Lake Tahoe on April 23rd from 6pm to 9pm. It is free and it is fun.
Hard working volunteers!
The snow is melting fast and we are on the brink of Tahoe’s mountain biking season. Here are 8 ways you can consider getting involved with TAMBA this spring.
- Come out to one of our trail days. Are you excited about the upcoming Corral Trail improvements that will be starting full time on May 5th? Help out by coming to our fun-filled volunteer trail building day with the Sierra Buttes on Corral on May 17th.
- Become a crew leader. On April 5th and 6th we’ll be partnering with the USFS to train new TAMBA crew leaders. Sign up today at http://mountainbiketahoe.org/crew-leader-training/
- Donate goods or services. We are always trying to gather raffle prizes for our spring and fall membership drive parties. Prizes don’t need to be bike-related. Spring Party is scheduled for April 23rd!
- Donate food for our hard working volunteers. Do you have connections to some tasty food or beverages? We need to feed and hydrate our volunteers on trail days.
- Donate your time and expertise. Are you a photographer, videographer, graphic designer, or PR guru? We are always looking for help.
- Become a TAMBA member. Your annual membership dues help support trail building, maintenance, future projects, and outreach. http://mountainbiketahoe.org/join/
- Make a tax-deductible donation. TAMBA is 100% volunteer run and no one is paid a cent, but we do need money to keep the gears running. Besides improving existing trails and building new ones we also need to pay for insurance, training, and other administrative costs.
- Be a good ambassador for the sport! Slap a TAMBA sticker on your bike. On your car. Be a respectful mountain biker and spread the good word of what we are doing! Run into some lost souls on the trail? Tell them about the awesome resources at www.tamba.org.
UPDATE: We have rescheduled this ride for Sunday September 22, there is still time to register and join us for the ultimate Tahoe all day epic!
Sign up today by clicking HERE. Ride is free for all current TAMBA members, shuttle will cost $15. We are limited to 75 riders. To reserve a seat you must register by Friday Sept. 20th. This way we’ll have an accurate count in order to line up shuttles.
This is a self-supported ride, just as past years. However we are working on lining up a few stops with drink, sugary snacks, and salty snacks.
Whites Creek volunteers
Join TAMBA for a second Trail Day in Galena! Help fix trail damage from the winter storms, prevent further erosion and re-route the trail around unsustainable sections.
When and Where: Sunday May 5th. Meet at 9am at the Whites Creek Day Use parking lot off of Timberline Drive.
Bring: Water, snacks, long sleeve and long pants, gloves, glasses
Lunch and Post work refreshments provided by Galena Fest.
You can still RSVP today at: RIGHT HERE.