The snow is melting fast and we are on the brink of Tahoe’s mountain biking season. Here are 8 ways you can consider getting involved with TAMBA this spring.
- Come out to one of our trail days. Are you excited about the upcoming Corral Trail improvements that will be starting full time on May 5th? Help out by coming to our fun-filled volunteer trail building day with the Sierra Buttes on Corral on May 17th.
- Become a crew leader. On April 5th and 6th we’ll be partnering with the USFS to train new TAMBA crew leaders. Sign up today at http://mountainbiketahoe.org/crew-leader-training/
- Donate goods or services. We are always trying to gather raffle prizes for our spring and fall membership drive parties. Prizes don’t need to be bike-related. Spring Party is scheduled for April 23rd!
- Donate food for our hard working volunteers. Do you have connections to some tasty food or beverages? We need to feed and hydrate our volunteers on trail days.
- Donate your time and expertise. Are you a photographer, videographer, graphic designer, or PR guru? We are always looking for help.
- Become a TAMBA member. Your annual membership dues help support trail building, maintenance, future projects, and outreach. http://mountainbiketahoe.org/join/
- Make a tax-deductible donation. TAMBA is 100% volunteer run and no one is paid a cent, but we do need money to keep the gears running. Besides improving existing trails and building new ones we also need to pay for insurance, training, and other administrative costs.
- Be a good ambassador for the sport! Slap a TAMBA sticker on your bike. On your car. Be a respectful mountain biker and spread the good word of what we are doing! Run into some lost souls on the trail? Tell them about the awesome resources at www.tamba.org.